Share Your Caregiver Story
We want to hear from you!
Record a Video Testimonial
We’re looking for caregivers to record video testimonials about their experience with a specific focus on how their role as a caregiver impacts their own mental health.
These stories are extremely valuable as we seek to understand this topic from diverse perspectives and experiences, and as content we can potentially incorporate into the film.
If you’d like to submit a video, please follow the instructions here.
If you’re comfortable with it, we’ll also ask you to sign a release granting us permission to use the video and your comments, but that’s optional. Please note, we are appreciative of all submissions, but not all will be featured in the final film or promotional materials.
Reach out to email@example.com if you have questions.
- Don’t worry about saying everything perfectly — our goal is to get your honest thoughts.
- If you feel like you messed up, you can just say so and try again — don’t worry about editing the video or starting all the way over.
- You can record one long video or break the questions into separate videos if you need a break.
- If more than one person would like to share (spouse, siblings, etc.), please record separately, one person per video.
How to Record Your Video
- Please record with your phone (not a webcam) in a vertical position.
- Make sure you’re in a quiet space.
- Try to find a spot with good lighting. It might help to be facing a window.
- Keep the camera level with your face so you’re looking straight at it, not up or down.
Questions / Prompts
Feel free to address each prompt or skip to the ones that resonate most with you.
- Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and your family.
- What are some things people don’t understand about your life as a caregiver?
- In what ways do you feel “unseen” by society or your community?
- How has being a caregiver impacted your mental and physical health?
- In what ways has being a caregiver changed your perspective/outlook? What are the positive aspects of your experience?
- What are the best ways for people and organizations to support you as a caregiver/family?
- If you could wave a magic wand and change anything about “the system” what would you change?
Submit Your Video
Please email your video(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the file is too large to email, you can upload it to a service like Google Drive, Dropbox or WeTransfer, and send a link by email. Please ensure the files are not compressed, so we receive the highest quality version.
Our Partners & Sponsors
THE LUCAS PROJECT
Our Fiscal Sponsor - The Lucas Project is a nonprofit organization that provides recognition and respite to parent caregivers. The Lucas Project is serving as our fiscal sponsor for this project. Learn more....
Tax-Deductible Donations - Your donation to fund this documentary is tax-deductible when made through The Lucas Project. Donate now...
Jennifer Vanden Burg
Pat & Joe LeCount
Marlan St. Croix
Mary Jo LaMont
Adam & Mary Rosenbaum
Katie & Tim Miller
Ashleigh & Grant Cote
Keith & Lindsay DeYoung
Dave & Nichole Kooistra
Kara Van Roten
Liz & Matthew Queen
Gord & Holly Van Vuren
Lorin & Debra Bossenbroek
Bill & Janice Queen
Levi & Kelly Watson
Ben & Amanda McCreary
Sharon & Andy Dyer
Stephen & Lydia Roberts
Thomas & Rachel Kirk
The Lucas Project
Escher Family Fund
Mike & Tara Sherd
John & Deena Reid