Share Your Caregiver Story
We want to hear from you!
We’re looking for parent caregivers to record video testimonials about their experience. These stories are extremely valuable as we seek to understand this topic from diverse perspectives and experiences, and as content we can potentially incorporate into the film and promotional materials.
If you’d like to submit a video, please follow the instructions here. We may ask you to sign a release granting us permission to use the video and your comments, but that’s optional. Please note, we are appreciative of all submissions, but not all will be featured in the final film or promotional materials.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Don’t worry about saying everything perfectly — our goal is to get your honest thoughts.
- If you feel like you messed up, you can just say so and try again — don’t worry about editing the video or starting all the way over.
- We recommend recording separate videos for each question so the file isn’t too large. Just make sure to leave a slight pause before/after you start talking.
- If more than one person would like to share (spouse, siblings, etc.), please record separately, one person per video.
How to Record Your Video
- Please record with your phone (not a webcam) in a vertical position.
- Make sure you’re in a quiet space.
- Try to find a spot with good lighting. It might help to be facing a window.
- Keep the camera level with your face so you’re looking straight at it, not up or down.
Questions / Prompts
Feel free to address each prompt or skip to the ones that resonate most with you.
- What are some things people don’t understand about your life as a caregiver?
- In what ways do you feel “unseen” by society or your community?
- How has being a caregiver impacted your mental and physical health?
- In what ways has being a caregiver changed your perspective/outlook?
- What are the best ways for people to help or support you as a caregiver/family?
- If you could wave a magic wand and change anything about “the system,” what would you change?
Submit Your Video
Please email your video(s) to email@example.com. If the file is too large to email, you can upload it to a service like Google Drive, Dropbox or WeTransfer, and send a link by email. Please ensure the files are not compressed, so we receive the highest quality version.
Our Partners & Sponsors
The Lucas Project
Our Fiscal Sponsor - The Lucas Project is a nonprofit organization that provides recognition and respite to parent caregivers. The Lucas Project is serving as our fiscal sponsor for this project. Learn more....
Tax-Deductible Donations - Your donation to fund this documentary is tax-deductible when made through The Lucas Project. Donate now...
Lorin & Debra Bossenbroek
Ashleigh & Grant Cote
Keith & Lindsay DeYoung
Sharon & Andy Dyer
Mr. & Mrs. Christopher Escher
Josh & Meghan Jenkins
Thomas & Rachel Kirk
Dave & Nichole Kooistra
Mary Jo Lamont
Pat & Joe LeCount
Ben & Amanda McCreary
Katie & Tim Miller
The Moseley Family
Janice & Bill Queen
Liz & Matthew Queen
John & Deena Reid
Stephen & Lydia Roberts
Adam & Mary Rosenbaum
Mike & Tara Sherd
Marlan St. Criox
Caitlin & Jareth Swanson
Kara Van Roten
Gord & Holly Van Vuren
Jennifer Vanden Burgt
Kelly & Levi Watson